Second Day of the Italian Language Student, by Sara D’Isanto, Chiara Menorello, Giada Licastro (#IICMONTREALWEBINARSERIES) In the occasion of the XXth Week of the Italian Language in the World,
In the occasion of the XXth Week of the Italian Language in the World, dedicated to “Italian between words and images: graffiti, illustrations, comics”, the Italian Cultural Institute of Montreal, under the patronage of the President of the Republic Sergio Mattarella, and the Consulate General of Italy in Montreal are pleased to present the Vernissage of the virtual exhibition dedicated to the Italian illustrators Monica Auriemma, Riccardo Guasco, Marco Paschetta, Alice Piaggio, Anna Pirolli, Emiliano Ponzi, Ilaria Urbinati. The exhibition, organized by the students of the Italian language courses in Montreal, is coordinated by Professor Sara D’Isanto.
Monday, October 19th 2020, 3 pm EST
The event also celebrates the “Second Day of the Italian Language Student“, in which the student becomes the protagonist of the same program, according to the guidelines of language teaching, thus retaining the role of “first actor” of their own learning process.
The virtual exhibition will be open from October 19th to November 22nd 2020 and will be available at: www.giornatastudentelinguaitaliana.com. The exhibition includes a virtual journey through the works of the artists and a gallery of images with captions. In addition, the webinar program also includes the following activities:
1. Conference entitled “The art of Emiliano Ponzi” by Claude St-Pierre. Emiliano Ponzi is part of the virtual exhibition with his works and is the illustrator who created the poster for the 2020 Strega Prize.
2. Reading, by Francine Ladouceur, of the interview given by the illustrator Anna Pirolli, professor at the Brera Academy and the European Institute of Design in Milan.
3. Meeting with the illustrator Monica Auriemma, nominated for the World Illustration Awards 2020, and with Nicole Bertrand.
4. Reading, by Veronica Redgrave, of the interview released by the illustrator Alice Piaggio, winner of the 2019 Illustri Award, magazine and newspaper category.
5. Interview, by Felicia Andaloro, with Riccardo Guasco, illustrator and co-founder of the Ink Festival.
6. Reading, by Alice Sidorow, of the interview given by Marco Paschetta, illustrator and teacher of the International School of Comics in Turin.
(Monday) 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm